Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacation 2008 Day 6

We spent the the day at the beach Wednesday, and saw DOLPHINS.

At first it was VERY unsetteling to see a fin protruding from the water...but it was soon followed by 3 others, and they had arched backs....then they jumped out of the water a little.

I was also attacked by a dead fish. There I was...minding my own buisness when I felt something bump into my chest...I look down and see a half eaten fish carcass starring back at me. I LOST TWO DROPS OF PEE ON THAT. Then seagulls flew in mass hysteria ensued.

In the evening we went to historic downtown Wilmington. There is a place called the COTTON EXCHANGE, that used to be just that. It was the place the cotton plantation owners would come to sell and export their cotton. It is now converted into a shopping center. All sorts of little knick-knack stores. Not really my cup of tea, but the building was neat.

I also found a cigar shop. Thank GOD.

We ended the day talking a family walk on the beach.

1 comment:

CogsOfWar said...

I'll trade you a fifth of cabo for a good cigar