Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vacation 2008 Day 3

OMG BATTLESHIP!

Today was our first full day at the beach, and we started it early. Luke must have suspected that Mommy and Daddy wanted to see the sunrise...so he was up at 5:30am. Thanks Luke...I am not paying for college you little @*#&@(#*&.

So...by 7:30 the other two heathens were up. At one point we ended up just starring at each other. The sun was out...so I said BEACH NOW. And so it was. We were out at the beach by 8:30.

Alex and Zach had a great time. They ran from the waves, dug in the sand, found various sea creatures, and complained from time to time.

Luke hated the sand. He was not impressed with the ocean either. His face was too PRECIOUS...his reaction was too cute.

It was at this point I realized we had left the camera up in the house. *#*(@#&

After about 3 hours on the beach...and since the weather report had called for thunderstorms all day...we felt as though, since the sun was out...we would go see the USS NORTH CAROLINA .

The boys were very excited. I was too. I used to LOVE here come here with my Dad. In fact, it was kind of hard on me at first because all I wanted to do was call him and tell him I was there with my boys. Meh....

It was also freakin' hot. The brave men that served on that ship must have had internal AC units, because the engines were not even running and that b*tch was hot. I would fail as a sailor...thank god others dont.

Zach, or as a friend of mine dubbed him, the WHIRLING DERVISH, was EVERY WHERE in that ship. He was amazed. But like a force of nature, his power to destroy must be respected, so Tara and I kept him on a tight leash.

The heat started to wear on the boys, and soon the cries I WANNA GO HOME replaced the ohhhs and ahhhss..so we headed back to the beach house.

****I bought a KICK ASS TIKI BAR sign for my back deck at this shop we stopped at****

We ended the day by swimming in the pool. Irony, it seems, is a b*tch.

Pics in the album.

No comments: